How To Connect iRacing To Steam
iRacing can be launced from Steam or directly from the iRacing app even if you subscribed directly through iRacing's website. Follow this easy guide to link your iRacing account to Steam.
Why link iRacing to Steam?
Linking your iRacing membership to Steam can have a few benefits. These include being able to access iRacing alongside the rest of your Steam library, as well as accessing stats like you can with other Steam games. This guide will show you how to add iRacing to your Steam library.
iRacing vs Steam
One of the best things about sim racing on PC is that you can access a wide variety of sim racing titles from a large number of storefronts.
When it comes to iRacing, you can purchase your membership directly from iRacing themselves, where you can use some iRacing discount codes. View the latest iRacing promo codes.
Alternatively, you can purchase a membership via storefronts such as Steam. Sometimes Steam run their own discounts and sales directly through their own platform.
But, what if you signed up to iRacing directly, and still wish to launch it from Steam or add it to your Steam library. That isn’t a problem thanks to iRacing’s Steam linking functionality.
By following the steps below, you can easily link your iRacing account to Steam.
Some of the benefits of linking iRacing to Steam include;
- Being able to see the game in your Steam library
- Access stats from Steam such as how long you’ve played for
- Can launch the game from your Steam library
- Easily launch in Steam VR mode
- No need to redownload iRacing assets when linking to Steam
- Start by accessing your account on the iRacing member site or via the iRacing app. You can do this by clicking your helmet in the top right-hand corner, and clicking “Account” in the drop-down menu. If you are accessing your account via the iRacing app, click “Manage My Account” in the popup to be taken to the iRacing member site.
- Scroll to the bottom of the account page to view the title “Steam Key”.
- You should see a button saying “Generate Steam Key”. Click this to create your own Steam key. Copy and paste this to a note, or somewhere you can easily copy it from.
- Open Steam. In the top menu, click on “Games” to view a drop-down menu. Then click “Activate a Product on Steam”.
- Click next and then agree on the next couple of screens in the popup box. Then you will be presented with a box where you should paste your iRacing code. Once done, click submit to link iRacing to your Steam library. You won’t need to re-download any of your iRacing files, so you can continue to jump straight back into racing either through Steam or the iRacing app.
- When launching iRacing from Steam for the first time, you will need to re-enter your login details. You may also be asked to re-enter your iRacing / Steam key again, so ensure you still have it to hand until you have logged in for the first time.
- To enable the Steam overlay while racing in iRacing. Head back to the iRacing member site where you generated your Steam key. In the bullet point list just under your Steam key, you should see a link titled “Click here to enable it”. Click this to enable the Steam Overlay during iRacing. This can be turned on and off in the future if you wish to disable it or re-enable it.
Are there any iRacing promo codes for new members?
iRacing often runs promotional codes giving reduced price memberships. These normally apply to new members only, but sometimes you can pick up a renewal code, so it’s always worth checking.
Grab Your Sim Racing Gear HereBuy from Fanatec US
Buy from Fanatac Europe
Buy from Fanatac Australia
Buy from Fanatac Japan (English)
Shop Sim Racing Products
Buy from Moza Racing
Buy from GT Omega
Buy from Digital Motorsports
Shop for Logitech Wheels
Buy Logitech USA
Buy Logitech UK & Europe
Shop for Thrustmaster Wheels
Buy from Amazon US
Buy from Amazon UK
Disclaimer: The links above are our affiliate links, and we may receive a small commission from any sales used via these links. Buying after clicking one of our links will never affect the price you pay.