How To Use Our F1 2021 Setups On PC, Xbox & PlayStation
Our F1 car setups have all been designed to be used across all platforms including Xbox, PlayStation and PC. In this guide I'll show you how to use one of our F1 car setups in your game on any platform.
Up until now, Codemasters haven’t featured any way to quickly download and install custom F1 car setups in their games. The only preset setups that you can quickly currently access in game are the preset setups which Codemasters create such as increased downforce, or increased top speed.
You can also download car setups from the time trial leaderboard times, however these setups are almost always setup for super fast one lap pace. And most are completely unusable in a race as they will be very hard on your tyres.
That is where our F1 car setups come in. The majority of our car setups are focused on maximising your race speed, along with ensuring you have the best tyre management possible. We really try to optimise our car setups to allowing you to perform to your full potential.
In this guide below, I’ll run through how to very easily use our car setups in your game, no matter which platform you are racing on.
Using our F1 2021 & F1 2020 car setups with Xbox, PlayStation and PC
As all versions of F1 2021 use the same physics engine, and same menu structure, this method below is the best way to use our car setups across all consoles.
Step 1 – Find a setup you’d like to use
- Browse our F1 car setups on SimRacingSetup.com
- Browse via the track you are racing on
- Once in a track screen, you can view all car setups that have been uploaded for that specific track
- We have a variety of car setups for different weather conditions, and different cars
- Find a setup that you’d like to try
Step 2 – Jump Over To F1 2021
- Start up F1 2021 on whichever platform you’re racing on
- Jump in to a race session of any type, or a time trial session
- If you’re testing a race setup, I’d recommend a race weekend practice session as time trial sessions wont give you accurate feedback
- Once you are in the pits, load up the car setup screen in game
Step 3 – Enter the setup from SimRacingSetups into your console
- In your F1 car setup screen on your console, head to the far right, to the custom setup option
- Input the setup values from the F1 car setup on SimRacingSetup.com
- Once you’ve input the whole setup, you can save it as a preset setup, allowing you to quickly load it in the future
Step 4 – Head out on track
- Once you have input the whole setup, head out on track to test the setup out
- Run a few laps using the setup before heading back to the pits
- I’d recommend running soft or medium tyres on a medium to low fuel load when first testing setups, and ensure your tyres are fully up to temperature before pushing hard
Following the steps above will allow you to test any of our car setups quickly, and save them for future use.
Testing multiple F1 car setups at once
You can always test multiple car setups during the same session and I’d recommend doing so to find one which fits your driving style.
The Best F1 23 Racing WheelsView the very best racing wheels for F1 23 on Xbox, PC & PS5. View the best wheels
However try to ensure you use a fresh set of tyres during each test run, the same fuel load each time, and allow your tyres to get up to temperature every run. This will ensure consistency in your results, allowing you to accurately decipher which setup works best for you.
Hopefully this quick F1 car setup tutorial helps out. And you will be racing with the best F1 car setup in no time! Happy racing guys.