F1 2021 Gets Its First Big Update Including New Track
Codemasters have released the first piece of free DLC content for F1 2021 including the new Portimao track, which is available to download today.
Patch 1.10 has landed for F1 2021 and is available to download from today (13/09/2021). This patch includes the usual host of bug fixes, but more notably includes the first free piece of DLC.
New Track DLC
One of the biggest elements included in this new F1 2021 update, is the brand new Portimao track. This is the first time this track has been included in an F1 game so has been created completely from scratch this year.
Portimao was one of the first replacement races that was announced for the updated Formula 1 2021 season. It is the first of three free track updates that Codemasters will add to F1 2021 this year.
Imola will be launched for free in October, with Jeddah to be added in November.
But for now, we have Portimao, or the Autodromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal. You can download this track today and start racing on it right away.
The great news is that if you have a current My Team or Career mode game ongoing, you don’t need to start again for this track to be included. Portimao will simply be added in your next season.
F1 2021 Performance Patch
The performance patch is the other really big announcement from today’s reveal. This will reduce the car’s performance across all tracks to bring them more in line with the real speed of Formula 1 cars. Currently, before this patch was announced, the cars in F1 2021 were roughly 1-3 seconds faster than their real life counterparts. You can see this in our F1 2021 Realistic AI Difficulty Guide here.
The Best F1 23 Racing WheelsView the very best racing wheels for F1 23 on Xbox, PC & PS5. View the best wheels
The performance patch is designed to slow the cars down, especially in slower corners. And as a result all current time trial leaderboards will be reset.
Aston Martin Safety Car
Another element included in F1 2021 patch 1.10 is the inclusion of the Aston Martin safety car. This means that at the following race tracks, the Aston Martin safety car will be in force rather than the red Mercedes AMG-GT.
The tracks where the Aston Martin safety car will appear are;
- Great Britain
- Saudi Arabia
- Abu Dhabi
What’s included in F1 2021 Patch 1.10 – Official Patch Notes
Below are the official patch notes from Codemasters;
- Portimao has been added to the available tracks in all modes
- F1 2021 vehicle performance has been brought more in-line with the real season. All F1 Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change.
- Aston Martin safety car has been added to tracks where it is used in the real season
- Fixed a crash when watching highlights or replays on Xbox Series consoles
- Various improvements to Xbox multiplayer connections
- Addressed an issue where the race could end after the first lap in two-player career
- Addressed an issue where the MFD could pop-up when tyre wear reached 20% increments
- Addressed an issue where users could not enter the pits with heavily worn engine components while using steering assist
- Race strategy practice programme is now locked to standard fuel mode to bring this in line with race regulations
- Addressed an issue when adjusting HDR peak nit, it would not show a change on the images
- Fixed a crash quitting to the front end after negotiating a contract in Two Player career
- Fixed a crash when viewing standings after retiring from a league
- Dazzle camo helmet now displays correctly
- Fixed a crash when renegotiating with their current team after a reboot in Two Player Career
- Addressed an issue where ERS toggle input could not be recognised
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
The above is courtesy of Codemasters.com